Screen Before Hiring
WE CAN PROVIDE...
- Source of qualified, prescreened employees.
- All of our clients recommended for consideration are evaluated by our staff for their skills and appropriateness.
- Free supervised trial work period.
- Eligible clients are paid by us and supervised while performing your job - a “working interview”.
- Assistance in obtaining Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Employers and qualified clients are assisted in timely completion of the required forms.
- Free training for new employees.
- Our experienced Site Counselors provide free training to new employees hired through our program. We focus on developing a strong work ethic and reinforcing a positive attitude.
- Assistance in obtaining On-the-Job Training funds (OJT).
- You can receive reimbursement from the state for the cost of training. You are reimbursed for the cost of providing specific training. We arrange for the appropriate state representative to talk with you. A contract is set-up specific to your needs.
- Employee Assistance as an accommodation under ADA.
- Disabled employees benefit from one-on-one evaluation and assistance.
- How can I afford to hire a new employee that needs more training?
- You can receive reimbursement from the state for the cost of training - OJT program. The program is available for eligible employees. You are reimbursed for the cost of training for a three to six month period on a gradually declining scale.
- How does the OJT (On-the-Job Training) program work?
- If the client is eligible, we'll tell you. Then we arrange for the appropriate state representative to talk with you. A contract is set-up specific to your needs.
- What does an OJT contract cover?
- An OJT contract enables you to bill the state for the cost of training. You determine what it will cost you to train the employee. The state will reimburse you for the costs on a graduated scale.
- Describe a typical OJT program.
- Typically an OJT program will reimburse you for one hundred percent (100%) of training costs for the first month, seventy-five percent (75%) of training costs for the second month, and fifty percent (50%) of the training costs for the third month.
Transitional Employment Unlimited
Torrington Office Plaza, # 106
16 School Street
Torrington, Ct 06790