Today, Transitional Employment Unlimited, is expanding its services to include students at the high school level, and have hence developed the WATTS Program to specifically address this population. Because TEU offers its services in almost three-quarters of the state, providing a range of services from Vocational Assessments and Career Explorations to an effective Behavior Modification program for the more difficult clients for adult populations, why not reach these young adults prior to graduation and subsequently BRS? Reaching this population of students at this time would yield an even more proactive approach to transition students with employment support, intervention, education and training, job readiness, and/or exploring post-secondary education.
Districts We Work With ...
Working With School Districts And Individuals Throughout Connecticut
Students served in the following Districts/Schools include: Darien, Bristol, Easton/Redding, Fairfield, Farmington, New Canaan, Norwalk, Torrington, Trumbull, Waterbury, Easton Country Day School, Wilton, Yale University, Community Colleges, State Universities and more….
WATTS in it for your staff and students?
WATTS provides evidenced-based transition services designed to maximize the potential of young adults in the areas of community-based vocational experiences, positive social relationships and independent
For WATTS Program Check Off Form: CLICK HERE
WATTS in it for me?
We are asked all the time to describe our Wrap Around Transition Towards Success (WATTS) students, and there’s no simple answer. Each student is her/his own unique mix of talents, interests, learning and personal
WATTS in it for your child?
Wrap Around Transition Towards Success (WATTS) Program is a team of experienced, extensively trained staff that provide a comprehensive vocational program. WATTS instills the positive behavior intervention and
WATTS Services ...
Wrap Around Transition Towards Success Program...
- Curriculum Support
- Capstone Project Support
- Post-Secondary Exploration
- College Tours
- Vocational and Technical Trade School and Programs
- College Transition
- Daily living skills
- Money Management
- Time Management
- Social and Recreational Skills
- Job Readiness and Expected Workplace Behavior
- 1:1 support with Mentor
- Behavior Modification
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Consultations with clinical supports
- Social Groups and Peer Mentor Connections
- Bureau of Rehabilitation (BRS)
- Dept. of Developmental Services (DDS)
- Bureau of Educational Services for the Blind (BESB)
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
- Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Health Care Navigation
- Addiction Related Community Resources
- Judicial System
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Community Supports (food banks, clothing etc.)
- All coaches and mentors are DMV Certified Passenger Endorsed Drivers
- Transportation to and from work sites
- Travel Training
- Permit Preparation
- Motor Vehicle Licensing or State ID
- Written reports weekly, bi-weekly or monthly
- Attendance at all meetings and PPT’s
- Final Reports